What is Arts4Nevada.org?
Arts4nevada.org (A4N) is a virtual online community and network created to: (1) promote Nevada’s rich and varied arts and cultural industry, (2) provide resources for those in the arts, and those wanting to experience the arts, and (3) serve as Nevada’s advocacy center.
What are the goals of Arts4Nevada.org
Promoting greater awareness of Nevada’s active creative industry to:
- Increase support for the arts in Nevada
- Expand participation in Nevada’s arts and cultural activities
- Encourage and enhance communications between artists and members of the creative workforce across the state in collaborative and sustainable projects
Who created Arts4Nevada.org?
A4N was created in 2007 by a collaboration of nonprofit organizations and businesses, including the Nevada Arts Council, Sierra Arts Foundation, Estipona Group, Nevada Alliance for Arts Education, Nevada Arts Advocates and Nevada Citizens for the Arts. Additional support has been provided by the City of Reno, Metro Arts Council of Southern Nevada, Community Foundation of Western Nevada, the Bremer Foundation, and a myriad of individuals. All partners remain committed to A4N and its many benefits for the cultural well-being of the State of Nevada.
Who can use Arts4Nevada.org?
Everyone can access information available on or through A4N.
What is available on Arts4Nevada.org?
Advocacy Center – A valuable resource of effective talking points, speeches and other material about the value of the arts and arts education. Through VoterVoice, citizens can maintain a dialogue with state and national elected officials and decision makers about the role of the arts for Nevada’s economic, educational and social well-being, public funding for the arts and arts education, and cultural public policy on local and state levels.
Artist Profiles – A showcase of Nevada’s breadth of artists, and a one-stop shop for schools, organizations and communities looking for artists for residencies, public art commissions and other arts-related activities.
Profiles with the blue logo indicate artists on the Nevada Arts Council’s Artists in Schools + Communities Roster. The Roster is a resource for schools, organizations and communities interested in expanding participation in the arts through artist-based programs, projects and residencies. Roster artists have been through a review or adjudication process, and are skilled in teaching and presenting interactive experiences in the arts.
- Artists of all disciplines living and working in Nevada are encouraged to submit clear and concise profiles, images and links to their schedule of events, artwork, social media and websites in the Artist Section at no cost.
Arts and Culture Calendar - Promoting the work of Nevada’s artists and nonprofit arts organizations throughout the state.
- Nonprofit organizations and public institutions presenting arts and cultural activities may post on the calendar at no cost.
- New! Nevada galleries, art collectives and bookstores that feature the work of artists may post on the calendar at no cost at this time.
Directories – Lists of local arts agencies, performing and visual arts presenters, festivals, and arts education research, papers, articles and publications, and links to websites and online tools.
Marketplace – A list of opportunities for artists and those in the cultural workforce, including workshops, seminars, calls for entry, auditions, grants and more.
- Nonprofit organizations and public institutions that present arts and cultural activities may post on the calendar at no cost.
- New! Nevada galleries, art collectives, bookstores and arts- friendly businesses may post appropriate opportunities in the Marketplace at no cost at this time.
Weekly E-blasts – Arrive every Thursday with a preview of what’s happening locally, across town, or across the state.
Advertising Banners – Arts-friendly for-profit businesses and organizations may purchase targeted e-blasts and banners/and ad spots that appear on both A4N and the weekly e-blasts.
What is planned for Arts4Nevada.org?
- A Critic’s Corner will include coverage of live events and critical reviews; A4N will encourage lay reviews and comments to increase learning and understanding of the various art forms and their relevance in a civil society - creating a dialogue between artists and their audiences.
- An Expanded Marketplace will feature online services by printers, designers and other arts-friendly businesses..
- The Nevada Art Exchange will serve as a hub for Nevada-made art available for purchase online.
- RSS feeds
- And more!